Saturday, January 29, 2011

RICA

Hello, my name is Pascale Toussaint.   About two years ago, I decided to pursue my dream of being an artist and enrolled at the Academic of Art University online program in Fine Arts, Drawing and Painting.   It has been great so far, the art work posted in this website were mostly produced for class projects.   In October (10/14/2010) this year I opened an online store at Etsy; Pascale's Studio where I market original, handmade art prints, mostly paper lithography, linocut and screenprints.  All printing processes I have learned at AAU.   A lot is happening in my artistic life lately and I decided to start this blog to share my artistic journey with you.

RICA is the Raleigh Institute of Contemporary Art.  I took a six week drawing class there last September with Marty Baird, a great instructor.  The class was wonderful; we were three students in the class and received the full attention of the instructor.  I really needed the one on one with an instructor after taking close to two years of online classes.  I am very grateful for the online classes, I have learned a lot and would not be able to pursuit my dream without AAU, but the drawing class at RICA was a great experience.  I was able to explore new ways to draw and use different medium such as ink.  I have posted below pictures of my work at RICA.  

I am currently taking a painting class with Marty Baird this month and will soon post about my experience and have pictures of the paintings I've made.  A Bientot!










No comments:

Post a Comment