Sunday, March 6, 2011

RICA continues…

I have been taking a painting class with Marty Baird at RICA since January.   Everyone month, I tell myself that I must stop.  With my current schedule: two classes with AAU, a business at Etsy and a full time job, I felt that I would not be able to continue with RICA.   But so far I have been able to stay sane and I have decided for the second time to continue another month.  I am learning so much and I am becoming more confident with my painting.   I am doing better with my painting class at AAU as well thanks to Rica (I will post some of my class paintings soon).   One of the things that I am learning is to be loose; I am able to relax and not worry too much about the outcome.   Of course I do want to have a nice painting at the end but the most important thing is the process, mixing color, holding the brush the right way and using paint.   I have the tendency to paint thinly.   My Etsy shop has suffered a bit but I am learning to manage my time better and have set aside more time to create for my store.   I did have a sale this past week which I was very excited about; got a good feedback from the buyer.  So continues my painting journey, I have posted below my paintings from Rica.  More to come…





1 comment:

  1. Hi from your newest follower... I just found your blog on the handmadeology etsy team discussion page. I'm trying to visit as many of the blogs on the thread as I can :) Please visit and follow my blog, too! <3jenna(saurus)
    http://jennasaurusfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete