Sunday, October 7, 2012

Solarplate prints

The past two classes have been so much fun!  I learn so much and I have included below images of the prints I have created with the solarplates. 

This is the print I made with my first solarplate.  I used oil-based black ink.
Same plate, but I used green water-based ink.
This is a relief or embossed plate.  I first exposed the plate
(without the aquatint screen)
 with the peppers transparency (below) for 30 seconds;
 cleaned and brushed it under running water.
 I then dried it and post exposed the plate for 5 minutes

The peppers print! :).   I used three colors; dark blue; green and then off white. 
 Below are two ghost prints I made of the same plate.
In this print I used too much ink.   But I do like the ghost print below.

 Another relief-embossed plate.

I didn't ink the plate and sent it to the press to get this embossed print.

Here I inked the plate with pink ink and a brush to push the ink down. 
I then clean the top of the plate and inked the top with off white
(lightly using a Brayer).
 Et voila!  I love this print!

Same embossed process with a flower pattern.


Stay tuned.  More prints to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment